Tidewater Volleyball Association welcomes coaches from all clubs and schools to use our facility for private lessons! At TVA we work with athletes from all over the greater Hampton Roads area to ensure the growth of Volleyball.
*** Due to COVID-19 our facility policies have changed!
Spectators are not allowed to wait inside the building. We encourage you to assist with the check in protocols with your child.
These protocols include:
-Protective gear optional for athletes
Please have your athlete dressed enter the facility ready to practice, court shoes on, and with enough water as our hydration station is currently closed. We also encourage athletes to use the restroom prior coming to activities. If he/she needs to use the restroom, they are welcome to, but we are trying to limit surface touches. Athlete(s) will need to come in and wash their hands. The balls have been clean and disinfected but the athlete(s) coach(es) will disinfect them again before we use them. If you prefer a coach to wear a mask as well we have no issues wearing one.
There may be another lesson or group in the gym, but we are practicing social distancing by staggering courts and only using the balls assigned to use with 4 or less in a lesson in Virginia Beach and 2 or less in Portsmouth.
We will have a copy of the COVID-19 Protocol and Waiver for you to sign upon arrival!
- All athletes, ADULTS or YOUTH are welcome to contact our staff for private lessons!
- Courts are available for private lessons and must be scheduled in advanced. Times for lessons are from 10am-11am, 12:30pm-3:30pm. There will be no late afternoon or night lessons available at this time unless a TVA Staff member is on duty.
- You will need to contact a member of the Tidewater Volleyball Association staff or initiate contact with one of our coaches and they will schedule the gym time with John Castro. Coaches must schedule through the Tidewater Volleyball Association at least 24 hours before their lesson.
- Payment will need to be in the form of a check or cash payable to the coach and is due by the start of your lesson.
- If a conflict should arise after scheduling a private lesson, you must contact your coach, by phone or email, at least 8 hours prior to the start of your lesson. Failure to contact with at least 8 hours notice will result in paying in full the court rental fee and half of the coaches lesson fee.
- $30 to $60 depending on the coach
Court Rental Fees:
- $20 if run by a COASTAL coach
- $30 if run by any coach
Please Contact John Castro at email@example.com / 757.414.7078 for more information
In addition to providing skill set training we also understand that reviewing game film is crucial to becoming better volleyball players. If you have game film to share please let your coaches know as they will be able to review and break down your game film with you.
Schedule your Individual and Group Lessons Now!